Game Pace Proposals
- Enforce the “2 sentences” limit from the beginning of the session.
- Use a timer of some sort to limit each player’s time to make a decision. If time runs out, the player can use a default At-Will power selected beforehand.
- Limit each battle to a pre-determined length. As the end of the battle approaches, players must act quickly or be bumped down the initiative order.
- Vicious Mockery – A bard using vicious mockery must actually mock the target. Based on the quality of the taunt, the attack roll may be subject to a bonus or a penalty. More information can be found here.
- Character Death
- The XP level of the new character will be set one level below the old character.
- Previous weapons and armor were broken or lost, but they may be repaired.
- A quest-relevant item may be retrieved by the party, but not used until its repaired.
- The new character must be a different race, or a different class.
- New characters will start with level appropriate funds & items or current character’s total, whichever is lower.
- Character Retirement
- XP and new race or class requirement are the same.
- Any number of items may be transferred to the new character, but each will be subtracted from the starting amount.
- The party must vote to accept the new member.
- Critical Miss
- Grant combat advantage until the start of your next turn.
- Beer bitch until someone else whiffs
- During an area attack, a crit miss means the target is not subject to effects (such as 1/2 damage) from a miss, and effects that would take place at the start of their next turn take place at the end of their turn instead.
- Bull Rush: On a successful Bull Rush, do damage equal to your strength modifier in addition to pushing the target 1 square. On a miss, do 1/2 strength mod damage.
- Magical Item Limit: We are going to play this one as written in the rules. The quickstart rules we were originally playing with didnt make it clear, but potions dont count as a magic item unless it specifically says so in their usage text.
- Belt Pouches: An empty pouch can hold 2 potions